Working at Heights inngår som del av basic safety training, både onshore og offshore. Kurset går over to dager.
The aim of this module is to qualify the participants, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment.
The BST Working at Heights Module shall ensure that:
- The participants are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights, specific to a WTG
- The participants are able to demonstrate understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- The participants are able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fallarrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards.
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- The participants are able to demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.