First Aid inngår som del av basic safety training, både onshore og offshore. Kurset går over 3 timer.
The aim of this Module is to encourage positive Manual Handling and ergonomic behaviour, encourage participants to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train Participants ability to perform Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment.
The BST Manual Handling Module shall ensure that:
- The Participants are able to demonstrate a problem-solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment
- The Participants are able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
- The Participants are able to identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of safe practises of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment
- The Participants are able to identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods