SOM FØRSTE SENTER I NORGE SÅ VIL VI VÅREN 2021 SERTIFISERE OSS FOR GWO BLADE REPAIR. Kursene som er satt opp i mars og i mai 2021 er allerede fulltegnet. Vi planlegger å sette opp nye kurs fra medio juni 2021.
Upon successful completion of the GWO blade repair training course, the delegate will be able to perform and document a wind turbine blade inspection, execute repair work in accordance with a work instruction while maintaining the aerodynamic profile and structural integrity in glass fibre reinforced composite parts of a wind turbine within the following dimensions:
- Trailing edge repairs up to 1,5 m in length
- Leading edge repairs up to 1,5 m in length
- Laminate repairs down to core material
- Core material replacement up to 200 cm²
- Surface repair to paint and gelcoat
The GWO blade repair training course is intended as an entry level course and therefore the delegate will not be expected to perform repairs in major structural elements of blades like spars, spar caps and carbon fibre.
To successfully complete the GWO blade repair training the delegate must be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of the course content and the facilities involved to ensure a clear understanding of what is expected during the course
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely with applicable chemicals while utilizing the applicable personal protective equipment in a controlled manner throughout all phases of composite inspection and repair work
- Explain typical types of composite construction, materials and the importance of surface finish relating to aerodynamic performance and efficiency
- Distinguish between and work safely in a controlled manner with epoxy, polyester, polyurethane, vinyl ester, methacrylate, reinforcement materials and solvents related to composite inspection and repair work
- Prepare, operate and maintain the correct tools and equipment, be it electrical or mechanical (L2 - Skill) 6) Demonstrate the ability to safely execute and document laminate, sandwich panel and surface layer repairs in accordance with a work instruction in glass fibre reinforced composite parts