The world’s most extensive wind energy qualification centre
All qualification programmes are subject to strict quality and safety requirements. The system of continuous improvement based on DIN-IS0 29990 is used for all training courses.
The provision of training facilities to enable operators and manufacturers to carry out their own exclusive training is explicitly envisaged in the flexible system concept.
Health, safety and rescue
- Climbing wall with 10-15 different ladder systems for rescue.
- High rescue platform (free hanging person).
- PPE hardware and wind specific rescue devises and equipment.
- Real helicopter winch training.
- Rotor blade and hub rescue simulator.
- Rescue simulator for confined spaces.
- Rescue simulator for rescue from depth.
- Evacuation procedures.
- 30-metre training tower.
- Various boat landing systems on different simulators.
- Extensive advance firefighting training range.a
- All GWO HSE modules and GWO technical modules
- Development and testing of manufacturer-specific safety concepts.
Turbine Servicing & Maintenance
- 1 MW nacelle mounted on 10-metre tower segment.
- Electrical, hydraulic and mechanical labs.
- Accessing the nacelle and hub.
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance procedures.
- Rescue procedures.
- Service and maintenance on hydraulic units.
Turbine Assembly and Disassembly
- Wind turbine foundation.
- 2 tower segments (bottom and top).
- Min. 500 kW nacelle.
- 3 shortened rotor blades.
- Main components: Generator, gearbox, hub and wind turbine control.
- WTG assembly.
- WTG disassembly (refits and repowering).
- 2 nacelles min. 1000 kW.
- Component storage.
- Performance diagnostics.
- Component replacement.
- Alignment controls.
- Min. 1 MW drive train.
- Connected CMS, sensors, brakes and hydraulics.
- Control unit and technology.
- High-voltage connection.
- High-voltage switch permission training.
- Systematic fault analysis.
- Condition monitoring.
Rotor Blade Production, Inspection, Maintenance and Repair
- 54-metre rotor blade mould for production processes and training.
- Real rotor blades for training, inspection and repair.
- Workbench with air extraction unit.
- Secured material store.
- 3 Rotor blades on transport trolleys (inspection).
- Rotor blade production.
- Rotor blade inspection.
- Repair, maintenance and installation of rotor blades.
- Rotor blade assembly.
- 12 m x 12 m swimming pool, depth 6 m.
- 10-tonne crane system.
- Wave systems up to 2 m wave heights.
- Wind simulation system (fans).
- Rain simulation system (sprayers).
- Sound, fog, rain and wind systems, flash lights.
- HUET with the highest safety standard.
- Offshore training rig platform.
- Boat landing area.
- Changing rooms.
- Sea survival equipment storage.
- Quay with offshore transition piece.
- 2 training vessels.
- Direct connection to the sea.
- Real training environment.
- All BZEE offshore modules.
- STCW portfolio.
- Customer-specific courses.
Competence management group NL fire-fighting
- Fire-fighting container ensemble with helicopter platform
- Protective clothing magazine
- Fire-extinguishing agent store
- Fire prevention
- Basic fire-fighting
- Advanced fire-fighting on wind turbines
- Monitors with online displays in the training hall and seminar rooms
- Monitors and computers for evaluating meteorological data
- 30-metre mast with measuring devices at different heights with 5-metre intervals
- Wind force, wind direction, air pressure and humidity measuring devices
- Weather forecasting and deployment planning
- Scientific accompanying research
Logistics and Infrastructure
Logistics and Infrastructure
- Crane system with 2 trolleys (2 * 60 t)
- 4-5 tonne telescopic forklifts
- 2-tonne forklift trucks
- Lorry access and parking space
- Connection to local public transport
- 1000 m² of parking spaces
- Seminar and conference wing
- 10-12 seminar rooms with direct access to the training halls
- Conference room
- 20 office workplaces
- Utility rooms and communal spaces