First Aid is part of the basic safety training, both onshore and offshore. The course runs over two days.
The aim of this BST Module is to enable Participants to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training. Furthermore, this training will enable the delegate to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED).
The objectives of the First Aid Module are to ensure that: The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) hereunder the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines
- The participants are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- The participants are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency in a WTG environment.
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey "C" A–B–C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of the Secondary Survey
- The participants are able to demonstrate correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario